Reporter Debrief: Vermont's Coronavirus Response So Far
Vermont is continuing to face the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus. Late Wednesday state health officials announced a second case in Vermont. Organizations like schools and universities are undertaking drastic changes to blunt the impact of what is now officially a global pandemic, according to the World Health Organization.
VPR reporter Liam Elder-Connors shares the latest on the virus and the response in Vermont.
Listen for the latest on:
- The second confirmed COVID-19 case in Vermont, in a patient at UVVMC in Burlington.
- Updates on the first confirmed case in Vermont, in a Bennington man in "serious but stable" condition.
- Other closures and cancellations in Vermont, fromcollege campuses to Free Cone Day
- How child care centers are balancing precautions with state-mandated staffing ratios.
- What nursing homes and assisted care facilities are doing to safeguard residents.
Broadcast live on Thursday, Mar. 12, 2020 at noon; rebroadcast at 7 p.m.