How Russia's invasion of Ukraine impacts people in our region
Live call-in discussion: Nearly a week since Russia invaded Ukraine, the outbreak of war and the international sanctions against Russia have put the world on edge. This hour, we hear from Ukrainian students studying in Vermont and New Hampshire about how the war is affecting them and their families. A Norwich University professor and expert on Russian foreign policy joins the show to answer questions about the invasion.
Our guests are:
- Lasha Tchantouridzé, a professor and director of diplomacy and international relations programs at Norwich University
- Mariia Dzholos, a Middlebury College sophomore from Ukraine
- Marta Hulievska, a Dartmouth student from Ukraine
- Nathan Syvash, a Dartmouth student from Ukraine
- Angelika Pavlovna, a Putney resident and UVM student adopted from Russia who has only recently reconnected with her Russian family
Broadcast live at noon on Tuesday, March 1; rebroadcast at 7 p.m.