The home for VPR's coverage of health and health industry issues affecting the state of Vermont.
Young And HIV-Positive In Vermont
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 20% of new HIV diagnoses in 2017 were youth ages 13 to 24. However, barriers to information and testing mean the actual number of young people with HIV is likely higher.
On this Vermont Edition: Young and HIV-positive. We learn about the resources available to young Vermonters with the virus, and consider what is being done to counter HIV stigma and narrow the gaps to care.
Our guests are:
- Johnny Chagnon, Health and Wellness Coordinator for GLAM Vermont, a Pride Center of Vermont program; he was diagnosed with HIV in 2013 at age 26 and serves on the board of the Vermont Positive Living Coalition (formerly the Vermont People With AIDS Coalition)
- David Schein, Executive Director of the Vermont Positive Living Coalition (formerly the Vermont People With AIDS Coalition
- Vermont Positive Living Coalition
- Vermont Department of Health Immunizations and Infectious Diseases
- Vermont CARES
- AIDS Project of Southern Vermont
- Pride Center of Vermont
- HIV/HCV Resource Center
- TwinStates Network
For information on the 25th Annual Winter is a Drag Ball, which is hosted by the House of LeMay and benefits the Vermont Positive Living Coalition, click here.
Broadcast live at noon on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020; rebroadcast at 7 p.m.