Sen. Leahy retires today. How will you remember his decades in office?
He's been Vermont's Senator for 48 years— nearly half a century. And on Jan. 3rd, Patrick Leahy will officially step down. Host Mikaela Lefrak will look back at Leahy's long legacy with two Vermont Public reporters who have covered his career for years. We'll also hear from listeners on how they will remember his decades in office.
Our guests are:
- Bob Kinzel, Vermont Public senior reporter
- Jane Lindholm, who interviewed Sen. Leahy many times as the former host of Vermont Edition; now, as creator, host and executive producer of the But Why? podcast, she also leads special projects at Vermont Public, including an upcoming special on Leahy's Senate legacy
Sen. Leahy has made many appearances on Vermont Edition over his long career, most recently:
- Sen. Leahy shares advice for future Vermont politicians
- A conversation with Vt. Sen. Patrick Leahy and his wife, Marcelle Leahy
- Sen. Leahy on Congress' two infrastructure bills
- Sen. Leahy on tax reform, gun control and federal spending
Broadcast live on Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023, at noon; rebroadcast at 7 p.m.
Have questions, comments or tips? Send us a message or tweet us @vermontedition.