Live from the statehouse: Lawmakers share their priorities for the new session
It's a new year, and new legislative session. Connor Cyrus and Mikaela Lefrak will be coming to you live from the statehouse in Montpelier on the first day of the new legislative session. Hear from leaders in Vermont's House and Senate about their priorities for the next few months—from building affordable housing to funding childcare to building tripartisan coalitions.
Our guests are:
- Rep. Jill Krowinski, of Burlington, presumptive Speaker of the House
- Sen. Phil Baruth, of Burlington, presumptive Senate President Pro Tempore
- Rep. Saudia LaMont, a freshman lawmaker from Morrisville
- Sen. Rebecca White, of Hartford, and Rep. Casey Toof, of St. Albans City, members of the Futures Caucus
- Sen. Dick Mazza, of Colchester, among the most senior lawmakers returning to Montpelier
- Rep. Laura Sibilia, of Dover, an independent member of the Rural Caucus
Broadcast live on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2023, at noon; rebroadcast at 7 p.m.