Daily Drive Report: Reading Between The Lines
This is the headline that greeted me this morning: "Why Don't Americans Give More?"
While I appreciate the math about the impact that giving up daily cup of coffee could have, I know that in our little corner of the world, generosity runs deep.
And I have the evidence to prove it:
- When we started our June membership drive seven days ago, 1,100 people had already made a gift to help us reach our goal of $465,000 as quickly as possible.
- People listening in New York, New Hampshire, Quebec, Maine, and Massachusetts have contributed during this drive. But we've also heard from listeners as far away as North Carolina, Maryland, Florida, Illinois, District of Columbia...and Haiti.
- The average pledge during this drive: $96.
- A special group of folks offered a total of $79,000 to use as challenges during the membership drive.
- On Thursday morning, 251 listeners made gifts during a three hour period to match a $25,000 challenge that was on the table!
- As of Thursday evening, more than 3,330 people from all walks of life and from different circumstances have pitched in to help us end the drive successfully.
As we enter the last 24 hours of this membership drive, we still have work to do in order to end the drive successfully. But we are confident that the generosity of our listeners will carry the day.
And for that, we will always be grateful.